May 13, 2014

Orange Drizzle Cake



This recipe is a base for making a drizzle cake, you can use it with the kind of citrus that you like.

Separating the whites from the yolks is not mandatory for this recipe. I do it because it helps lighten the cake a little. For a quicker recipe, use the whole eggs from the beginning.

I use a little bit of lemon in the drizzle because it brings a little more acidity than using the orange alone.
For the drizzle, I used the juices of 1 orange and ½ lemon and I found my cake to still be a little on the dry side. That’s why I suggest that you use two big oranges instead of one.


You can of course use self-rising flour for this recipe.





Ingredients

For the cake batter
3 eggs
8.2 oz. -- 250g flour + 2 tsp. baking powder
(OR 8.2 oz. --250g of self-rising flower)
White granulated sugar    5.3 oz. -- 150g
Melted butter -- 5.3 oz. -- 150g
Grated zest from 1 orange (prefer organic to avoid the pesticides on the orange skin)
1 tbsp. Poppy seeds
1 pinch of salt

For the drizzle
White granulated sugar -- 1.8 oz. -- 50g
Juice from 2 big oranges and ½ lemon


No comments:

Post a Comment