March 11, 2014

Almond Banana Bread



I always freeze the bananas I forget on my kitchen counter that became too ripe. Banana bread is my go to recipe when i want to use those frozen bananas. I defrost them overnight in the fridge and they are ready to use the next day.

Water will come out of the bananas while defrosting. Don't trow it away! Just mix everything together as shown in the video. You can of course use fresh bananas, just choose really ripe ones.

Also you can use only white sugar if you prefer to. I substitute some of the white sugar with brown sugar just to add a bit more flavor.






Ingredients

bananas -- 15 oz. -- 425g
sifted flour -- 8.8 oz. -- 250g
white sugar -- 4.2 oz. -- 120g
brown sugar -- 1.1 oz. -- 30g
butter (room temperature) -- 3.2 oz. -- 90g
almonds -- 3.2 oz. -- 90g
2 eggs
1 pinch of salt (only if you’re using unsalted butter)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. orange zest or vanilla extract

Oven preheated to 180°C - 350°F
cooking time : 1hour







No comments:

Post a Comment